The bulk of the Chiropractic profession utilizes a practice approach that was built on the premise that subluxations are the cause of real health problems and by correcting them, health challenges will improve or disappear.
This concept has led to most of the practice styles and practice management models in existence.
Some leaders, specifically Dr. Reggie Gold, recognized the contradiction of this approach and worked tirelessly to change it. He dedicated his entire life to creating a new model of chiropractic practice built on the simple principle that all human beings were better off not subluxated.
Based on this idea…it didn’t matter what someone’s symptom or condition was, only if there was the presence or absence of vertebral subluxations.
The concept is now recognized as Third Paradigm Chiropractic.
Today’s episode of Life By Design For Chiropractors was born from a question we repeatedly receive…
“I have an existing practice (purchased a practice) but it’s definitely not Third Paradigm. How do I transition my current practice to the Third Paradigm practice style?”
Here Is What We Covered
- What are the defining features of Second Paradigm (2PC) and Third Paradigm Chiropractic (3PC)?
- The pros of 2PC and why most chiropractors choose to play it safe, avoiding the transition to the practice they know they really want.
- The challenges with practicing in the 2PC model and how they could crush your self-esteem (and success) in the long run.
- The character traits of a 3PC practice that attracts chiropractors and gets them dreaming of “what could be!”
- It’s not all butterflies and rainbows – the pitfalls of 3PC and what to look out for if you want a successful (and pain-free) transition.
- The 5 principles of an ultra-successful practice transition.
Stuff From This Episode
Thank you for listening to Life By Design – The Podcast For Chiropractors… The voice of reason in Chiropractic.
PS. Head over to iTunes to subscribe and leave a review. More people listening means more extraordinary lives! Thank you.
Dr. Jamie Richards
Dr. Jamie Richards is a consultant for chiropractors looking to transition and thrive in a 3rd Paradigm Chiropractic model. He helps doctors develop the entrepreneurial skills to maximize community impact and leverage leadership into profit.