When I started my practice, I was 1000% convinced I would never lose a patient.
Call me naive, many have before…
I assumed if I simply taught them “what I knew, they would do what I do.”
Every other Chiropractor had it wrong.
I had it right.
Until it happened to me.
Which, by the way, took approximately 5 days into my practice life.
On this episode of Life By Design For Chiropractors, Kreso and I take another break from Training Camp to discuss our once utopian views of practice, and how we now handle the reality without letting it minimize our impact or happiness.
Here Is What We Covered
- Ready for a reality check? Take a look at all of your inactive files? What the heck happened to those people?
- The mantra I repeat to help me let go of the need to control what people choose and to make it about me.
- What systems should you have in place to help manage the experience of patients discontinuing? Yes, don’t just leave it to chance!
- How prequalification not only protects you, but also protects the patient.
- A general communication framework that you can use in practice when someone requests to discontinue their care.
Thank you for listening to Life By Design – The Podcast For Chiropractors… The voice of reason in Chiropractic.
PS. Head over to iTunes to subscribe and leave a review. More people listening means more extraordinary lives! Thank you.
Dr. Jamie Richards
Dr. Jamie Richards is a consultant for chiropractors looking to transition and thrive in a 3rd Paradigm Chiropractic model. He helps doctors develop the entrepreneurial skills to maximize community impact and leverage leadership into profit.