There’s three categories of people and you can be grouped by “what people WOULD say about you if asked”.
That’s not to suggest we care completely about what others say about us, but for the sake of this example, it’s worth exploring.
“Bill, he’s OK. He’s late a lot and leaves early. He misses deadlines and really doesn’t seem to care, in fact, he thinks he’s the best at everything and he doesn’t need to do the work.”
“Bill, I like him. Good guy. Works hard. Does his job.”
“Bill? Geez, the guy’s a machine. It’s actually unbelievable what he gets done… I’m not even sure he’s human. He’s the first one here, the last to leave, never complains and his results are off the chart. That’s my goal… to be like Bill. If I was, I know I’d be successful!”
Which story would you like told about you?
On this episode I talk further about what it takes to be great!
Here Is What We Covered
- Reality exists, so make that your starting point. What markers should you be looking into as metrics for success?
- What you love should be the basis for your goals, dreams and vision. By choosing values that are not your own, you risk total failure and unhappiness.
- Planting your flag in the ground and staking claim to the life you so badly want, is the secret sauce to overcoming fatigue and anxiety.
- Building a detailed blueprint keeps you from getting too far off the path and distracted by the next shiny penny.
- This trait is a trademark for nearly all successful people. Find it in yourself and you’ll find success in your future.
Thank you for listening to Life By Design – The Podcast For Chiropractors… The voice of reason in Chiropractic.
PS. Head over to iTunes to subscribe and leave a review. More people listening means more extraordinary lives! Thank you.
Dr. Jamie Richards
Dr. Jamie Richards is a consultant for chiropractors looking to transition and thrive in a 3rd Paradigm Chiropractic model. He helps doctors develop the entrepreneurial skills to maximize community impact and leverage leadership into profit.